Sunday, August 3, 2014

ON-Campus Jobs at SJSU

With the experience of not having an on-campus job for a semester :D ..
I wanted to share my job search experience with all of you. I hope this helps you all in some way! :)

I started my MS in SJSU in Spring 2014. I came to the US on December 27th 2013. Since then I have been applying online but it was of no use until April 9th. That's when I got my first call. That day I was called for an interview. And I joined that job on June 1st.

BEST PRACTICE:

GO to every single department on campus and tell them that you have joined so and so semester and you can work upto 20 hours. Just prepare a normal resume and take 30-40 printouts and distribute them in every department. And then wait for the call. If u only rely on sparta jobs it won't be of any use : sites h can look f0r jobs :

Sparta shops
Student Union
Associated students
San jose library
Sparta jobs.
spartan book store.
Departmental websites.

I hope this helps many.

1 comment:

  1. I read this article. I think You put a ton of push to make this article. I value your work.
    Top private university in india

    ReplyDelete